Приветствуем Вас, Прохожий (Guest) | RSS
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Модератор форума: SoCrat  
Lands of Nevendaar » Nevendaar. International Realm. » Disciples » Disciples III: Developers' Answers (Post a question, perhaps, the answer will be provided)
Disciples III: Developers' Answers
SoCrat Дата: Суббота, 22.03.2008, 00:12 | Сообщение # 1
Balance Keeper
Статус: Offline
Question-Answer summary from the official forum of Disciples III.
The community-manager of ".dat" (the Disciples III developer) aka Zerit answers.

_ _

Will Archangel be a fighter or just a healer in Disciples III?
Unfortunately, there will be no Archangel in D3.

Will the game be “mod”-able, like Heroes V? I would like to see some improvements here, where we (players) can create our “mod”s.
Yes, the game will be “mod”-able, but I cannot say anything about "like Heroes V".

Is it possible that Archangel will come back in expansions?
Maybe, in modifications.

Is there creating unit descriptions, biographies?
Yes, of course.

Will the original Disciples combat system still be available in the game?
If you talk about the static combat system, then, unfortunately, no.

Are there efforts being made to make the spell system as balanced as possible?
Actually and in any case, we are making D3 as balanced as it's possible.

Will any of the units, which where considered as *useless* in Disciples II, still be in the game?
Playable units in D3 are similar to those from D2, but their stats were redesigned. So will they be useless or no - you will find out by yourself in the release version.

Is it correct that rod-guardians look final?
Yes.
Will their role be to summon other units or something else?
Hmm... More likely something else.

Will the D3 story be in campaigns in video trailers/in-game animations or only in texts like in D1&D2?
Unfortunately, I cannot tell you story details at all.
At least can you tell us if the story is already complete or there are still things to be done?
The story is complete.

Why does Empire's rod-planter have a broken sword?
It isn't broken, the last part is just hidden.

When we level up a leader, do we just choose a skill (like DII) or do we also get few attribute points that we can spend to increase attributes (like strength, dexterity, agility ...) as we see fit?
The latter. Also, skills depend on those attributes, so if you don't have needed quantity of proper attribute for some skill - you cannot take it on level up.

Will there be a closed/open/both beta of Disciples III?
Will there be a server dedicated to the multiplayer part of D3? (look at the HoMM V, for example).
Both questions are for our publishers, instead of us.

And you have no idea what the answers could be ?
Actually, this is just outside my competence.

Are the prerequisites purely of an attribute dependency, or do they involve levels, other skills, class levels and the like?
At the least, they involve other skills, too.

Will we be able to make new complex skills (which depend on other (custom) skills, stats, lords and so on)?
About complex skills. More likely, there will be no such thing in the game.

If you guys are really looking for interesting ideas from us (the English community), just make one/two posts (on the related threads) once in a while to encourage the fans.
Well, we, of course, are quite interested in your feedback, but at the moment we cannot tell what part of it interests us more than others. So, I'm trying to ask more common questions than peculiar ones.

In D2 terms, walking a square on the road costs 1MP, while traveling through the water (without the sailing ability) costs 4 MP ... forests cost 3 MP and usual terrain is 2 ... so with 20MP you could travel twenty squares on roads, five on water, six through forests and ten through "ordinary" terrain ... it was all nice, but the values were hardcoded - so I'm asking if you'll hardcode these values as well?
Yes, there will be different costs of MP that depend on land type, but i'm not sure about can them be considered as “hardcoded” thing or no.

Will the D2 bugs be fixed?
D3 has technical basis different from D2, so D3 cannot have D2-bugs at all.

Do we have 4 leaders per race now as opposed to 5 in DII?
Yes, just like you wrote above.

How is the description of units going?
It’s going well, as I can see.

So if we have four base level-able leaders ... does it mean that we have four lord types instead of three as previously (mage, warrior, guild)?
These things aren't related.

Is that mage with weird hat and staff really the mage leader or just a magic branch unit?
He's the mage leader.

How many upgrade levels rods possess?
There are 3 levels for a rod.

Are there going to be optional quests? (Beside the main quest)
Of course!

Will Thief Leader (if he can't steal anymore) get a new name or he is still called Thief?
About thief... He can steal (and more likely he will gain some experience if he succeeds). But he cannot steal (and use some other abilities on global map) if he has a group of units with him.

Will all leaders start with the same leadership points?
More likely no.

Has Nevandaar’s map been produced?
Yes.
And will it appear in the game? Or is it just used internally?
I guess, it will appear in the game ... and maybe it will appear even before the release.

5 players playing with 3 races, does this mean we can play "Empire vs Empire" or "LotD vs LotD"?
No. This answer was given with keeping add-ons and two additional races in mind.

Developers mentioned that Inquisitors shall now be branched. Does that mean that the Empire Fighting tree has been changed?
Actually, I cannot recall that we mentioned something like this. All unit trees are similar to D2.

What are the bonuses depending on type of lord?
Let's say - there are these bonuses.

Will healing units now be able to heal your units outside combat? Or at least fasten their regeneration?
More (much more) likely no.

Will Death and Rune mana be presented in the game or shall they be added in expansions?
Will be added in expansions.
Will new spell requirements be added to old spells because Grove mana in RotE was useless for anybody, but elves?
I guess, we can avoid this problem.

Do all Leaders look the same or will there be more diversity?
The same class leaders in the same race will have the same look from the beginning. But you can change it with items, which you can give to the leaders, giving them an individual look.

What sizes the units come in on the battlefield in Disciples?
On the tactical map each one unit occupies 1 (one) hex. "Big units" and "small units" - that's all about hero's Leadership points that current unit takes at hire. And, of course, that’s all about the visual appearance.

Will the expansions be stand-alone or not? Can a player without expansions play against someone that does have them?
At the moment it's too early for this kind of questions. I guess, we should discuss them after release.

Will maps still have a maximum of 4/5 races per map?
Nope. There will be maps created for the game with the all 5 races.

Will there be neutral towns or something that you can raid for money/items/exp?
Of course!

Have you improved the editor (in comparison with D2 scene-edit) to contain some kind of "advanced" (better) triggering and scripting?
About editor ... We believe that it has more options than editors from previous chapters, but it isn't really possible to compare these things. Different technical basis, so ...

Can smaller units become bigger after update?
Yes. (Wasn't the question just about visual appearance?)

If we spot that something could be improved/added to the functionality of the editor, will you guys make an effort to improve it?
There is some chance (just a chance) for this to become reality.

So my assumption is that this might be Innoel?
Yes, indeed.

Now, when units can move in the battle, what will stop a player to form a party with only melee units?
Abilities of other types of units, of course.

Is there a possibility that something like "rebellious capitals" appear?
No.
Will there be a possibility to play against the same races?
Just some units of the same race - yes. But it won't be a true battle like, for example, Empire vs. Empire.

Do you have plans for new leader class in the expansions? (Yes/ no/ maybe will do)
The third.

Is there a limit to number of summoned units? (previously it was limited to number of empty space in party.)
There are a lot of questions about summoning. We test all of it, and only after many tests I can say something - excluding the fact that there will be such a thing.

Will the resources still be claimed using the D2 way?
Indeed. Just like that.

Will there be a way for the player to interact with the world map in some other way than moving his heroes/casting spells?
Plant rod, for example. And there will be some spells (that you can use only if you have special item - rune) for interacting with the world map. Since it isn't the D2-style global magic, I guess, I should add this too.

Will leader's intelligence have an impact on the potency of the spell card? (Like: higher INT for more damage) Or will it just determine whether the leader can use it or not? (Like: bellow 12 INT can't use this spell card)
Like this.

What's that huge intimidating unit with the two mages in the following link? Is it the living armor?
Indeed, this is it.

About choosing skills, will be there a skill-tree that show skills (description, requirements) or like D2?
More likely D2-style.

Will different mages have different attack area (like 2x2 or 3x3) …
Something like that.
… archers – range …
Nope.
… melee - move points. Then in battle arena, will melee unit always reach enemy front line with one move?
Mmm... You will see it.

Could you tell us about duel-branching?
This idea was already totally rejected even at the beginning of the project.

Will we be able to insert our own models in the game? And what about textures? Could we apply different textures to models without too much trouble?
If you can create models and textures - then “Yes”. Of course, if our publishers will allow this option to be. Technically it's not really difficult, all you need for this - some instructions from us, some programs, which we use ourselves, our plug-in for 3D Studio Max. But I shall say it again - that depends on our publishers' decision.

ImperialDane Дата: Воскресенье, 23.03.2008, 18:58 | Сообщение # 2
Can we expect the archmage to be changed ? Hopefully for the better.
Ehrmann Дата: Понедельник, 24.03.2008, 08:29 | Сообщение # 3
I regret to disappoint you, but no, the model will not change. The only thing you can change during the game is his outfit. So, you may say farewell to the beard.

Больше жизни!
Antibioticum Дата: Суббота, 05.04.2008, 13:35 | Сообщение # 4
Магистр Серой Гильдии (Master of the Grey Guild)
What can you say about spells? Can we use them in the battle, or only on the local map? I think it`ll be nice if there`ll be some upgraded magic things. This can come in useful in the battle.
feanor Дата: Среда, 04.03.2009, 00:03 | Сообщение # 5
Lee Дата: Среда, 04.03.2009, 00:06 | Сообщение # 6
The first one is one of Nightmare's concepts ) Or Nightmare itself, i don't remeber exactly

Сообщение отредактировал Lee - Среда, 04.03.2009, 00:08
feanor Дата: Среда, 04.03.2009, 00:22 | Сообщение # 7
Nightmare is summoned unit in d3 or only in addons?

Druid Grove: 1. Disciples III fansite!
nTu4Ka Дата: Среда, 04.03.2009, 10:32 | Сообщение # 8
feanor, they didn't say when. Just that it's Nightmare - a creature summoned by spell.
The man that had shown Nightmare is Kirill Kudriavtsev - texture painter. I think it was a model(didn't recognize editor in which it was opened).

Nemo omnia potest scire.

Сообщение отредактировал nTu4Ka - Среда, 04.03.2009, 10:33
paulkazo Дата: Воскресенье, 15.03.2009, 00:39 | Сообщение # 9
Quote (ImperialDane)
Can we expect the archmage to be changed ? Hopefully for the better.

Don't be so sad and pessimistic about archmage... I think, he is fine...

Nothing is as simple as we hope it will be.
Qumi Дата: Суббота, 09.05.2009, 23:13 | Сообщение # 10
1.Who is the international publisher?

2. What spells have been deleted that were in previous disciples?

3. Is there any equipment that does not have class restriction?

Гангрен Дата: Воскресенье, 10.05.2009, 15:20 | Сообщение # 11
Gangren, One and Only
Quote (Qumi)
2. What spells have been deleted that were in previous disciples?

For the time being, all spell are new now. Some of them could have familiar effect.
Quote (Qumi)
3. Is there any equipment that does not have class restriction?

Rings and amulets. Potions and runes can be used by everyone too as yet.

Всему готовому, совершенному поклоняются, все становящееся недооценивается. Ф. Ницше

<Disciples of Mortis>

Livio Дата: Вторник, 19.05.2009, 10:39 | Сообщение # 12
"Perhaps a release date more specific than "2nd quarter of 2009" now ? " I say ^_^
nTu4Ka Дата: Вторник, 19.05.2009, 11:38 | Сообщение # 13
Livio, this decides publisher not developer. Even if they new, .dat coudn't tell it.

Nemo omnia potest scire.
Qumi Дата: Вторник, 08.12.2009, 13:06 | Сообщение # 14
Ok - the game is starting being sold on the 10th of December and there is still no info about international publisher... I mean what the hell? The game was advertised as being for the whole world, a worthy successor of Disciples franchise - but it seems it will be only russian for quite a long time :/

Shouldn't things like international publisher be decided long ago? I mean the game is in development for few years! It really presents Akella in bad light :/

Денисик Дата: Вторник, 08.12.2009, 13:14 | Сообщение # 15
Hi. As I know, Akella is owner of all rights for the D3. So, if there's still no translations from russian for another languages, you (and everyone else) can simply by the russian version in any NET-shop, which is closer to you. If you don't know or like russian - learn it or site and wait for the translation. I don't like english, but had to buy games on it a few years ago, and learn the language too.

"...Эльфы - наикрутейшие нагибаторы всея Невендаара." (с-Inno)
Lands of Nevendaar » Nevendaar. International Realm. » Disciples » Disciples III: Developers' Answers (Post a question, perhaps, the answer will be provided)
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск: